Fruity Lamb Tagine
This succulent and super-healthy one-pot is guaranteed to satisfy a crowd, save time and make it up to two days ahead.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Heat the oil in a casserole and brown the lamb on all sides.
- Scoop the lamb out onto a plate, then add the onion and carrots and cook for 2-3 mins until golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in the spices and tomatoes, and season.
- Tip the lamb back in with the chickpeas and apricots.
- Pour over the stock, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the dish and place in the oven for 1 hr.
- If the lamb is still a little tough, give it 20 mins more until tender.
- When ready, leave it to rest so it’s not piping hot, then serve scattered with pomegranate and herbs, with couscous or rice alongside.
Fruity Lamb Tagine ingredients
- 500g lean diced lamb
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- Carrots, 2 large quartered lengthways and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 200g dried apricots
- 2 tbsp ras-el-hanout spice mix
- 600ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 120g pack pomegranate seeds
- 2 large handfuls coriander, roughly chopped
Check out our list of Locally Reared Lamb we have available.