Fruity Pork Steaks
This winter warmer is quick, delicious and packed with healthy ingredients – all it needs is a dollop of mash.
- Dust the pork steaks with the Chinese five-spice powder.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and fry the pork for about 3 mins on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan, reduce the heat slightly, then fry the onion wedges for 2 mins.
- To the mix, add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 mins.
- Add the redcurrant jelly to the pan, followed by the vinegar and then the stock.
- ring to the boil and simmer rapidly, uncovered, for 8-10 mins until the sauce is slightly syrupy and the apples are tender.
- B Gently reheat the pork in the sauce, turning to glaze each side.
Fruity Pork Steaks ingredients
- 4 boneless pork loin steaks, trimmed of any fat
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges through the root
- 4 red apples, cored and cut into eighths
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 200ml chicken stock
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
Check out our list of Free Range Pork we have available.