Summer Sausage Rolls
When the weather is warmer, bring some sunshine flavours into everyone’s favourite afternoon tea and picnic snack.
- Whizz the chicken and garlic in a processor until the chicken is minced.
- Tip in the bacon, sundried tomatoes and basil.
- Pulse for 5 secs to just mix through. Season well.
- Roll the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and cut in half lengthways.
- Spread half the chicken mixture along the middle of one of the pastry strips, then roll up the pastry, pinching the ends together to seal.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 2.5cm long pieces.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry strip. Can be frozen, uncooked, for up to 1 month.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Place the rolls on a large baking sheet.
- Brush with the egg, then sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake for 20 mins until golden.
Summer Sausage Rolls ingredients
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 rashers streaky bacon, thinly sliced
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- handful basil leaves, chopped
- 375g/13oz pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- flour, for dusting
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 25g sesame seeds
Check out our list of Free Range Pork we have available.